Discover the UK’s only China Clay Museum, set in a 26 acre Country Park with woodland walks and access to the Clay Trails for walking and cycling.
Whether you want to find out more about Cornwall’s billion-pound China Clay mining industry, explore the Victorian clay works, visit the interactive discovery centre, stroll through the nature trails and woodland walks or give the kids a chance to let off steam in acres of historic grounds, Wheal Martyn is truly unique and has something for everyone, even the dog! You’ll also see Cornwall’s largest working waterwheel and at ‘Pit View’ be amazed by the spectacular modern working China Clay pit with giant machines in action.
What’s on offer at Wheal Martyn:
• Indoor interactive displays telling the story of the men, women and children who lived, worked and played in the shadow of the china clay tips
• Cornwall’s largest working water wheel
• Fully preserved Victorian china clay works, machinery and equipment exhibitions
• Vintage commercial vehicles and locomotive
• Children’s woodland play area
• Acres of nature trails and woodland walks teeming with wild flowers, birds and aquatic life
• Visitor platform overlooking a working China Clay Pit
• Licensed cafe with outside terrace offering the best Cornish food and drink
• Gift shop selling a unique range of quality gifts and souvenirs
Wheal Martyn provides a superb combination of interest, education and fun for people of all ages.
Opening hours: 10.00am-4.00pm (winter) and 10.00am-5.00pm (summer)
Visit their website for more information or call them on 01726 850362